RE: lynx-dev lynx email-sending: ask "cc" AFTER editing the email?

From: Joris Dobbelsteen
Subject: RE: lynx-dev lynx email-sending: ask "cc" AFTER editing the email?
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 19:19:42 +0200

Well, I suppose that we can't turn Lynx in a full mail client. MS don't do
it with IE, they use Outlook (express) which is a separate application, but
there is support for more mail clients.
But Netscape on the other hand does include, partly separeted, a mail client
with Netscape Navigator (at least, they did couple years ago, I have IE))

I think we should keep the old system as we have now (maybe you don't have a
mail client on that computer?) and build additional support for external
mail clients.

>From my point we have to benefits:
* Maintaining support for systems with none/unsupported mail client
* Provide enhanced support for mailing, since I don't hope a good mail
client (send/receive) is build into Lynx, since it's only a web browser.

Maybe we can use this point for NNTP: Use an optional external application
for News support (at least if you have such application).

Maybe that we can provide ONE good interface for many protocols, like
mailto:, News:, Telnet:, etc....
(however mailto: may be more complicated, because Lynx internal support)

Maybe an idea... Suggestions and/or comments???

- Joris Dobbelsteen