Re: lynx-dev JS onclick (was still learning)

From: David Combs
Subject: Re: lynx-dev JS onclick (was still learning)
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 22:45:44 -0700

On Fri, Jul 28, 2000 at 07:32:37PM -0400, Philip Webb wrote:
> 000728 Martin McCormick wrote:
> > A number of our web sites at Oklahoma State U have recently been upgraded
> > and have become just awful as far as accessibility goes.
> > A few have not one single link that works under Lynx:
> > every one was generated with Microsoft Frontpage of various versions.
> > many sites use javascript "onclick" to select links,
> > which Lynx can neither understand nor generate responses to.
>
> you can usually get round the problem by extracting the URL from the HTML:
> it helps if you are running Screen, which allows simple cut'n'paste;
     ^^^^^^^^                 ^^^^^^                      ^^^^^^^^^^^

Well, I don't know about OTHER os's, but with Solaris' motif-like
CDE, via a (old-fashioned) "shelltool" (and I'd imagine for xterm,
etc, too), cut and paste works just fine, no "screen" needed.

(Except, FOR ME, every once in a while, after I've "cut"
some NOT-HUGE amount (10 lines?), when I try to "paste"
them into an emacs buffer, the shelltool job DIES, and
with it (of course) my kermit connection.  Anyone else
experienced this?  Sun service never heard of it a year
or two ago when I asked them about it.  I recall that
I tested it WITHOUT emacs' participation, and I did
get it to crash once that way too -- I think that's what
happened.  Anyway, it sure happenes, from time to time,
eg once every 5 days, on solaris 7.)

David