Re: lynx-dev HTML elements array

From: Vlad Harchev
Subject: Re: lynx-dev HTML elements array
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2000 12:11:43 +0500 (SAMST)

On Fri, 28 Jul 2000, Marc Tardif wrote:

> How does Lynx string compare tags from HTML documents to it's HTMLDTD
> array of tags? Which source file is responsible for this action? Does
> Lynx perform a binary search? Could it use a hash table for its array
> of tags?

 Yes, lynx performs binary search. The function is SGMLFindTag in
WWW/Library/Implementation/SGML.c

 As for hash table - I think that performance increase that will be due to
switch to hashes will be negligible - lynx spends a lot of time while
formatting the text in src/GridText.c.

> Thanks for the information and the great web client,
> Marc

 Best regards,
  -Vlad