Re: lynx-dev teraterm

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev teraterm
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2000 16:45:38 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 28 Jul 2000 address@hidden wrote:

> I believe what I mean is that keyboard + display + serial
> communications software = (IMO) terminal emulator.

No - the keyboard and display could be a real terminal, nothing
emulated; it makes not difference to C-Kermit on UNIX.

> I plug it
> into the RS-232 DTE port just like a VT100; I type commands
> and receive output from the host just like a VT100.
> (Well, close to VT100 -- actually I set TERM=linux.)  I agree
> that it's Linux and not Kermit that's implementing the escape
> sequences etc.

Exactly, so the terminal emulation (if any) is done by the kernel
(or xterm etc.), not by Kermit.

See what they (Kermit Project) say themselves:
 <http://www.columbia.edu/kermit/faq-c-tep.html#faq-c-tep>

  Klaus