Re: lynx-dev <select></select> problem

From: Dominique Asselineau
Subject: Re: lynx-dev <select></select> problem
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2000 17:09:34 +0200

On Wed, 2 Aug 2000, Thomas E. Dickey wrote:

> On Wed, 2 Aug 2000, Dominique Asselineau wrote:
>
> > Hello,

> > Lynx hangs when a value is selected (right key) or the current value
> > is left (left key).
> >
> > I compiled Lynx 2.8.4dev6 with gcc on solaris.
> >
> > Is this problem known ? I did not see it in archive.
>
> I don't recall seeing anyone mention this before.  (is the testcase
> just what you have noted, or do I need more information to reproduce it?)

Thank you for your answar.

I configured lynx2.8.4dev6 with the command-line:

./configure --prefix=/tsi/picabia5/asselineau --enable-file-upload \
     --enable-externs --enable-exec-links --enable-exec-scripts

I tested when having compiled with gcc 2.7.2.3 and egcs
(version egcs-2.91.57 19980901 (egcs-1.1 release)) on solaris 2.5.1.

When clicking the select tag (right key), the box opens correctly.
Then when the value is selected (right key), Lynx hangs and these messages
are displayed:

--------------------
A Fatal error has occurred in Lynx Ver. 2.8.4dev.6

[...]

Lynx now exiting with signal:  11

Abort (core dumped)

I tested on basic select tag (http://www.tsi.enst.fr/~asseline/select.html).
<select multiple ...> tag does not cause problem.

Do yeu wish that i post other informations or files (config.status,
makefile, etc)?

Dominique