Re: lynx-dev Potential patch for HTFTP.c

From: David Woolley
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Potential patch for HTFTP.c
Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2000 09:21:21 +0100 (BST)

> A user of the DOS port of lynx recently pointed out to me that
> DOS mode text files (EOL=LF CR) are rendered differently by lynx,

DOS mode is CR LF.

This patch breaks real binary transfers for CMS,  and would break
text mode transfers for any OS that didn't use ASCII compatible
character codings.

The place to fix this is in the interpretation of EOLs or at least
as post processing of the ftp data stream.

I thought we were trying to speed up ftp dialogues, so why remove the
code that avoids redundant TYPE commands.