Re: lynx-dev JS onclick

From: David Woolley
Subject: Re: lynx-dev JS onclick
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2000 22:43:47 +0100 (BST)

> the new BUSH internet TV set (internet browser built into the actual tv)
> states

The omens are not good for this.  Alba who own the Bush brand, appear not
to have any web presence.  Pace <http://www.pace.co.uk/>, who did the
design, have a low accessibility web site, which is probably
just about navigable, if you can guess the frame structure.  Ant
<http://www.ant.co.uk/>++, who wrote the browser (yet another minority
browser to be ignored by authors!), are a document.writeoff for lynx.
They have at least two layers of frames, after the home page, with
the framesets being completely written using Javascript (with script
as the outer element - which is illegal HTML), so they can customise
the frame sizes!  Even then, tracing it through with I.E. (JS off)
and notepad, I ended up in circles, and without looking at the source,
you get blank pages.  I didn't try ARM for the actual chip.

> that quote "..it does NOT have the full range of capabilities that you would
>  expect from an expensive PC. The system may not allow access to certain
> internet banking services and areas using complex graphics or developed in
> 'flash' programme language. It will not produce moving pictures or reproduce

Pace's site uses Shockwave!

I still don't know how to get authoring guidelines for this equipment.

++ Pace have a linkless press release, so I'm guessing that this is the
right Ant.