Re: lynx-dev form problem (was: Re: lynx-dev Fwd: Re: contacting Lynx de

From: Vlad Harchev
Subject: Re: lynx-dev form problem (was: Re: lynx-dev Fwd: Re: contacting Lynx developers)
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2000 12:05:55 +0500 (SAMST)

On Fri, 11 Aug 2000, Kim DeVaughn wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 11, 2000, Vlad Harchev (address@hidden) said:
> |
> |  src/GridText.c:HText_SubmitForm does that.
> |  As for whether that's appropriate - I think it would be safe to add that
> | code, provided there would be a lynx.cfg to turn it off or on (for your
> | convenience, I can write the code that will read that configuration flag).
>
> Sorry ... I don't understand why in the world such code should need to
> have some kind of config option.
>
> Either there's a problem/bug, or there isn't.  Either the code needs to
> be there, or it doesn't.
>
> I *can* understand having it ifdef'd *temporarily*, while it is under
> development/testing, but those should be removed for "production" (else
> the code should).

 Hm, probably you are right in this particluar case, but there is a chance
that configurability would be useful for this feature. Do we know how other
browsers remove duplicates? Do they leave first or last item? How do they
compare - with or without case sensitivity?
  So in some cases it could be better to leave removing duplicates to the form
handler, rather than perform it in lynx.
  But as I said, I'm starting to think that configurability is not needed in
this case.

> There's WAY too many micro-configuration options now ... unless some-
> thing really *needs* to be configurable, please don't add to the mess,
> gratuitously.
>
> All IMNSHO, of course.
>
> /kim

 Best regards,