Re: form problem (was: Re: lynx-dev Fwd: Re: contacting Lynx developers)

From: David Woolley
Subject: Re: form problem (was: Re: lynx-dev Fwd: Re: contacting Lynx developers)
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2000 00:35:38 +0100 (BST)

> 1.  Is this a problem that should be fixed?  i.e., should some logic be
> added to whatever code Lynx has for outputing form submissions to delete
> duplicate fields?  This would seem to add some robustness to the browser,

No,  because they are legal for check boxes and selects, even if of
questionable meaning.  Moreover, only one submit button should be sent,
even if the value differs.  The problem, as described, is that submit
buttons are being transmitted when the are not "successful" in the
language of the specification; at most one can be for any submission.

> 2.  If this might be appropriate, where would one begin?  I'm totally new
> around here, and this looks like just the sort of bite-sized problem a
> newbie Lynx contributor might tackle.  But pointers sure would be nice...

Section 17.13.2 of the HTML 4 specification.