Re: lynx-dev Revised patch for HTFTP.c

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Revised patch for HTFTP.c
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2000 14:26:35 -0400

000819 Thomas Dickey wrote:
>> FYI - the ipv6 patch that went into dev7 will run the detection routines,
>> but does not define INET6 to enable it.
> it is supposed to do this in lynx_cfg.h
>
> #define ENABLE_IPV6 1
                 ^^^^

> which feeds into this in www_tcp.h:
>
> /* IPv6 support */
> #if defined(HAVE_GETADDRINFO) && defined(HAVE_GAI_STRERROR)\
>  && defined(ENABLE_IP V6)
                     ^^^^^
> #       define INET6
> #endif /* HAVE_GETADDRINFO && HAVE_GAI_STRERROR && ENABLE_IPV6 */
>
> Are the other two symbols not being defined?

is the difference underlined above deliberate?

BTW in the theological debate, i tend to support DK,
on the usual ground that we have little influence over sites out there,
so Lynx should be given shock absorbers to handle bad ones;
if necessary, such choices can be made user-defined options.