Re: lynx-dev Revised patch for HTFTP.c

From: Wesley Morgan
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Revised patch for HTFTP.c
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2000 15:05:15 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 19 Aug 2000, Thomas Dickey wrote:

> On Sat, Aug 19, 2000 at 08:02:52AM -0400, Wesley Morgan wrote:

> > > ...thanks.  I've got to sort through this myself, too.  I started working
> > > on dev.8 yesterday, will have 3-4 days before I can complete it.
> >
> > FYI - the ipv6 patch that went into dev7 will run the detection routines,
> > but does not define INET6 to enable it.
> it is supposed to do this in lynx_cfg.h
>
> #define ENABLE_IPV6 1
>
> which feeds into this in www_tcp.h:
>
> /* IPv6 support */
> #if defined(HAVE_GETADDRINFO) && defined(HAVE_GAI_STRERROR) &&
> defined(ENABLE_IP V6)
> #       define INET6
> #endif /* HAVE_GETADDRINFO && HAVE_GAI_STRERROR && ENABLE_IPV6 */
>
> Are the other two symbols not being defined?

That would be correct...

checking whether to enable ipv6... yes
checking ipv6 stack type... kame
checking for ipv6 library if required... inet6
checking for getaddrinfo... yes
checking working getaddrinfo... yes

And in lynx_cfg.h:

/* #undef HAVE_GAI_STRERROR */  /* CF_CHECK_IPV6 */
/* #undef HAVE_GETADDRINFO */           /* CF_CHECK_IPV6 */

It detects them fine and defines ENABLE_IPV6, but doesnt define these
properly. As I said before, GNU autoconf is something that I never
bothered to familiarize myself with... IMO it's dreadful GNU-isms taken to
a new level.

--
          Wesley N Morgan                       _ __ ___ | _ ) __|   \