Re: lynx-dev Revised patch for HTFTP.c

From: Henry Nelson
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Revised patch for HTFTP.c
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 10:12:57 +0900 (JST)

> Maybe it's not so good that lynx treats files of completely unknown type
> (no suffix mappings) as text/plain by default.

If it's "not so good" why not have Lynx transfer all files of "completely
unknown type" in binary?  Doesn't a binary transfer mean that the file
received by the client is "exactly" the same as the file that resides on
the server?  It seems that with that file in hand the user of the client
could do whatever he/she thinks is best to do with it.  (I think Klaus
already said something like that somewhere.)

I'm a little interested in this area, but don't rely on Lynx a lot for
ftp, though I might if I didn't (granted from _past_ experience) find
plain ol' Un*x "ftp" so much more reliable.

__Henry