Re: lynx-dev Compilation problems (Lynx 2.8.3)

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Compilation problems (Lynx 2.8.3)
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 07:25:08 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 21 Aug 2000, Thomas Heye wrote:

> I have big trouble compiling lynx 2.8.3 with the SSL patches included.
> (Actually, it starts at linking time). I try to compile it under DOS (with
> DJGP).

I haven't heard of anyone successfully compiling SSL under DJGPP. I
haven't tried myself.

> I've downloaded the SSLeay package (version 0.9.2 or so). So when I try to

You should be using the latest openssl, not an old SSLeay package. See
"http://www.openssl.org/";. If I recall, you need perl installed, and
should be able to configure under bash. You will have to deal with
problems as they come up to port to DJGPP. Make sure that you have the
latest version of DJGPP and bash.

> some parts of the library "winsock.h" and "windows.h" is required (which I

This sounds like you are compiling for Windows. To compile for DJGPP,
follow the installation instructions for unix, not windows, and modify
as required.

Good luck. If you have specific problems, you can write back here, or
get help in the newsgroup comp.os.msdos.djgpp.
                                Doug

__
Doug Kaufman
Internet: address@hidden