Re: lynx-dev problem typo in HTFWriter.c

From: Henry Nelson
Subject: Re: lynx-dev problem typo in HTFWriter.c
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2000 20:38:04 +0900 (JST)

> > The correct name for the program is "bzip2".  In addition, that is the
> > default configuration for Apache1.3.12.  "x-bzip2" is unnecessary.
>
> The program is indeed bzip2, but Apache 1.3.12 does not mention bzip.

Apache 1.3.12 does not mention "bzip" nor does it mention "x-bzip2."
AFAIK, a build which includes mod_mime.c will have the distribution
httpd.conf overwritten to include the line "AddEncoding bzip2 bz2."
The content of httpd.conf is more important than in the past since
the trend is toward a single centralized configuration file.  Anyway,
no one uses bzip, the program, and I see "x-bzip2" less and less now
that bzip2 has become a widely accepted compression tool.  It would
be a mistake to not replace the missing "2" in HTFWriter.c.

__Henry