Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.4dev.8

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.4dev.8
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 05:31:09 -0400

On Fri, Aug 25, 2000 at 12:11:02AM -0600, address@hidden wrote:
> In a recent note, Thomas Dickey said:
>
> > Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2000 21:42:19 -0400
> >
> > 2000-08-24 (2.8.4dev.8)
> > * suppress PG's endwin/newterm code for ncurses because it is not needed -TD
>
> Thanks for catching this.  I notice that this suppresses not only the call to
> delscreen that I added, but also the call to endwin.  endwin had previously
> been in the path for ncurses.  Was suppressing it intentional?

perhaps not - I'll look at it again.  I made that change while I was looking
for the other piece where I reset the recent_sizechange flag -- for some
reason it resized ok before your change in the Linux/libc5 configuration,
and didn't after.  It worked after I made the changes (but there may be
other/better choices).

> > * modify start_curses() function to preset environment variables $LINES and
> >   $COLUMNS to make the curses library see the proper screen size.  After
> >   calling endwin(), delete the current SCREEN object, to force curses
> > library
> >   to discard its cached values of LINES and COLS.  This requires using
> >   newterm(), which may not be present in all versions of curses, so we check
> >   for and ifdef accordingly.  Tested on os390 and Solaris -PG
> >
> Retested on Solaris; compiling on OS/390 as I write this.

I tested with (besides ncurses), IRIX64 and BSD 4.4 curses, but it didn't
seem to help much with either.  So I intend to revisit those and see if
there's something we're overlooking.  (But it was three weeks since the
last patch...)

> -- gil
> --
> StorageTek