Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.4dev.8

From: Thomas E. Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.4dev.8
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 11:43:03 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 25 Aug 2000 address@hidden wrote:

> In a recent note, Thomas E. Dickey said:
>
> > Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 09:16:22 -0400 (EDT)
> >
> > > Hastily composed; poorly tested; integrate only if needed.
> >
> I meant that part.  Probably won't even compile with ncurses.
> I'll rework.  Does ncurses imply resizeterm(), or should I
> test separately for resizeterm?

very old versions of ncurses (before 1.9.9e) do not have resizeterm.

> It might have been the putenv()s that interfere with ncurses.
> I'll also try #ifdef around them.

hmm - that's a possibility (interfering with the SIGWINCH results).

> > well, it's the beginning of a new cycle, so I'll find time to test some.
> > (it's the ones at the end, to close out a patch that tend to be a
> > problem).
> >
> I know I submitted my patch late, after you had announced close out.
> I pretty much expected it to go to dev.9.  I guess I got a free
> alpha test.  :-(

I didn't actually say when the cutoff was - I've been rotating from
one program to another with occasional excursions.  If I'm doing small
changes then I tend to work on those while I'm looking at the to-do items
from the mailing list, but if it's a larger change (like this one), I'll
start on my changes before I look at the to-do items (otherwise I'll not
get it done).  In the latter case, it makes the time between patches
longer.

Not exactly an alpha test - I did test and see that most of the
differences between old/new versions seemed to be in the ncurses area.

--
T.E.Dickey <address@hidden>
http://dickey.his.com