Re: lynx-dev problem typo in HTFWriter.c

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev problem typo in HTFWriter.c
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2000 08:08:42 -0400

On Sat, Aug 26, 2000 at 11:25:51AM +0900, Henry Nelson wrote:
> > !           !strcasecomp(anchor->content_encoding, "bzip2")) {
>
> This didn't make it into dev8.  For those who can't wait, I've put a
> patch up at: http://www.irm.nara.kindai.ac.jp/lynxdev/hacks/bzip2corr.bz2.
> This newer patch also corrects the redundancy in HTInit.c.  The link acts
> as a demonstration: with the correction you can decompress on the fly and
> render it as text, without, you'll have to download first.

you appear to be the only person acting as the standard for this one:

1998-12-12 (2.8.2dev.9)
* add support for content encoding for x-bzip2, bzip2 for suffix "bz2" - HN

please cite a version of Apache (or something other than lynx) that actually
does have content encoding for bzip2.

--
Thomas E. Dickey <address@hidden>
http://dickey.his.com