Re: lynx-dev LYNX: re wyse terminals (in lynx help): is wyse BEST dumb t

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev LYNX: re wyse terminals (in lynx help): is wyse BEST dumb terminal?
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2000 20:32:39 -0400

> Thanks for the INSTANT response -- nice thing about being
> connected all the time.   Not possible for shell account via
> modem!
>
> Ok, will add comp.terminals to my .newsrc; didn't know there
> was such a thing...
>
> QUESTION: what brands would YOU suggest as NOT being
> screwy in some way?

Well, this is second-hand info (it's been quite a while since I installed
serial terminals, though we've some at work that are used as consoles).
If I were going to get one for myself, I'd look at a VT525 or a Wyse 375.
Both are color terminals with lots of interesting escape sequences to
play with.

--
Thomas E. Dickey <address@hidden>
http://dickey.his.com