RE: lynx-dev Compilations error with make

From: Thomas E. Dickey
Subject: RE: lynx-dev Compilations error with make
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2000 09:01:08 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 7 Sep 2000, Martin Schweizer wrote:

> Hello Thomas
>
> What is libz? (Sorry about the stupid question)
> Ist this a port?

it is probably available on FreeBSD as a port (I do not know if it is
part of the base system).  The configure script can be told to look
for it.  For instance (from a configure output I happen to have):

checking if help files should be gzip'ed... yes
checking if you want to use zlib for decompression of some gzip files...
yes
checking if we need to add -I option to get zlib.h... no
checking for gzopen... no
checking for gzopen in -lz... yes

But the configure script should only define USE_ZLIB if it finds the
library.

> >===== Original Message From address@hidden =====
> >On Thu, Sep 07, 2000 at 06:56:11AM +0200, Martin Schweizer wrote:
> >>
> >> Hello!
> >> When I run ./configure all is ok. But when I run make then the following
> >> error
> >> occurs:
> >> .../WWW/Library/Implementation/libwww.a(HTFile.o): In function
> 'HTLoadFile':
> >> HTFile.o(.text+0x39f0): undefined reference to "gzopen"
> >
> >this is from libz (do you have it installed?)
> >
> >> .../WWW/Library/Implementation/libwww.a(HTTCP.o): In function
> >> 'LyGetHostByName': HTTCP.o(.text+0xaba): undefined reference to
> >> "LyConsoleInpuFD"
> >
> >I don't see where this is used.
> >

> >--
> >Thomas E. Dickey <address@hidden>