Re: lynx-dev problem typo in HTFWriter.c

From: Henry Nelson
Subject: Re: lynx-dev problem typo in HTFWriter.c
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 22:05:33 +0900 (JST)

> you appear to be the only person acting as the standard for this one:
>
> 1998-12-12 (2.8.2dev.9)
> * add support for content encoding for x-bzip2, bzip2 for suffix "bz2" - HN
                                                      ^
I'm asking for a correction of a typo.  If you believe "bzip" is correct,
and leave it that way in Lynx, then _you_ are the only person acting as
the standard.

> please cite a version of Apache (or something other than lynx) that actually
> does have content encoding for bzip2.

A better question might be to ask what current _packages_ of Apache
install for httpd.conf these days.  If you want to make the decision on
your own, I think the following might provide you some insight:
        http://www.apache.org/docs/mod/mod_mime.html#addencoding
(You will also understand why I recommend dropping "x-bzip2.")

__Henry