Re: lynx-dev lynx compilation ... the last question :-)

From: James Elkinton
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx compilation ... the last question :-)
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 11:51:21 -0700 (PDT)

On Sun, 10 Sep 2000 address@hidden wrote:

> Baby steps.  If you find nothing obviously wrong with WWW_HOME in your
> environment nor with STARTFILE in lynx.cfg, start lynx with the command:
>
>     lynx "."
>
> to use the current working directory as your startfile.

One thing I've always thought might be really helpful is when a page
defined in STARTFILE cannot be accessed, instead of terminating, to go to
an included html page in the distribution saying something to the effect
of:

"The page defined in STARTFILE cannot be accessed.  You may wish to
check the URL in the STARTFILE definition line of lynx.cfg and change it.
You may also at this time press 'g' to enter a URL to go to."

Of course, it might be a concern if the keymap is changed, plus there
would have to be multiple language versions, but just the idea might be
implementable in a way I haven't thought of.

Just as long as almost ANYTHING but termination of the browser can be
done, that's an improvement.