Re: lynx-dev binary file

From: David Woolley
Subject: Re: lynx-dev binary file
Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2000 09:48:31 +0100 (BST)

> >In the meantime, if somebody could kindly point out how I could force
> >2.8rel.2 to recognize and render "iso_8859-1", I'd appreciate that
> >very much.

The server and/or document is broken.  Get them to fix it.  If the
document is broken (meta http-equiv content-type), save it and edit
out the charset entirely (it is the default), or correct it.  If only
the server is broken, save the document and read it unmodified.

Some of the broken charset handling options may be able to get it
to treat iso_8859-1 as though not specified at all, but I've never
had to deal with that.

NB nothing can render iso_8859-1 because there is no such internet
character set.

Please subscribe to the list, as adding your reply address in each time
is inconvenient and people may forget.