Re: lynx-dev Lynx and Big Brother compatibility

From: Patrick
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Lynx and Big Brother compatibility
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 09:45:24 -0700

In "Re: lynx-dev Lynx and Big Brother compatibility"
[11/Oct/2000 Wed 08:00:23]
Doug Kaufman wrote:

> On Wed, 11 Oct 2000, David B. Fink wrote:
>
> > I am a brand new Lynx user and am soliciting suggestions on how to get Lynx
> > and Big Brother to talk to each other.  I will only be using the bare-bones
> > capabilites of Lynx, so any suggestions on what to enable/disable would be
> > appreciated.
>
> Is this really about the lynx web browser, or are you talking about
> the lynx operating system? If the latter, this is the wrong list. If
> the former, what is "Big Brother"?
>                             Doug

As far as I know, Big Brother is a site management tool -- link
checker, with possibly an HTML validater -- hence the name a la
1984; it investigates sites.  It probably has a sort of crawl
funcionality similar to Lynx, and I can imagine the two working
together quite nicely [if they *can* cooperate, that is].

Sorry, I've never used Big Brother, so I don't have any suggestions
on how to do it.

> __
> Doug Kaufman
> Internet: address@hidden