Re: lynx-dev Lynx assistance request

From: Lloyd Rasmussen
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Lynx assistance request
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 19:42:32 -0400

This isn't a bug; it's a feature!  Part of the usefulness of this is
that the browser will not take you somewhere against your will.  For
those of us using a speech synthesizer or braille display, we get
time to read what's on the splash page, then activate the refresh
link when we are ready to go on.  I don't think that this behavior is
configurable, although it might not be very hard for someone to add
this option.  When I encounter refreshes and redirects in IE 5.5 with
a screen reading program and speech synthesizer, I can hear clicks as
each pages starts loading, but can only read the final page.
Sometiimes this is an advantage, but not always.  I like Lynx the way
it is; it gives you a better idea of what is going on behind the
scenes.

On Mon, 23 Oct 2000 13:02:37 -0500, Fiber McGee wrote:

>The message below from "Amit R." <address@hidden>
>was forwarded by the list moderator.
>
>>Hello,
>>
>>I m using Lynx as my web browser.
>>I want to access a page which is having a REFRESH TAG in it.
>>
>>Lynx will give a hyperlink which i have to hit to go to the page. It
>>doesnt go automatically like Netscape or IE.
>>
>>Is this the only way to work with  Lynx? cant I get a solution for this
>>
>>thanks in advance
>>Amit

Braille is the digital divide.
Lloyd Rasmussen, Kensington, Maryland