Re: lynx-dev bytes sec?

From: Thomas Heye
Subject: Re: lynx-dev bytes sec?
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 20:58:19 -0400

>> I don't recall seeing many comments before (since it is simple to change,
>
>?  I'm not loud enough, I guess. :)  NONE of the unessential "features"
>(=frivolous junk) should be compiled in by default, IMO.  People who
>really want it should have to turn it on at compile time.
>
>__Henry

But what *IS* 'unessential'? I think that's somehow a matter of taste. And (as
far as I know) other browsers also indicate the download speed.

But there's another thing: If you turn that into a compile-time option, then
you'd also have to distribute different binary files (because I think there are
many people who won't be willing to recompile the source code on their own,
they just want to have a browser they can use and have some things they can
adjust.)

Regards, Thomas