Re: lynx-dev bytes sec?

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: lynx-dev bytes sec?
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 06:37:35 -0400

001025 Henry Nelson wrote:
KL> `byts/kb none' option
KL> what i would change to remove the bytes/sec completely?
> I am not aware of a compile-time option
> to completely remove the download rate.

where have you been, Henry?  of course, there's no option or configuration,
but one could easily be added to the present line in  lynx.cfg .

KL> i recall that the sailor edition at the Maryland Library telnet uses it.
> That suggests your "stand alone edition" was modified (hacked)
> at the source code level to not show the download rate.

no: early versions of Lynx didn't show the rate
& it's clear from KL's other messages
that her telnet services are using ancient Lynxes.

> I can provide a patch etc

excellent! could you do a patch to add `none' to the  lynx.cfg  item?