Re: lynx-dev local download over telnet

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev local download over telnet
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 18:24:07 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 26 Oct 2000 address@hidden wrote:

> In a recent note, Doug Kaufman said:
>
> > lrzsz continues development. Kermit is still very active, with a
> > recent new release and a lively usenet group.
> >
> Maybe I just attach too much weight that most of my peers snicker
> when I mention kermit.

I would like to avoid making strong statements, but I believe that
such snickers demonstrate extreme ignorance on their part. Kermit
remains the standard for transmitting data among disparate machine
architectures. It is a robust and fast protocol which is implemented
on almost every type of computer, and which talks well across
architectures. I believe that most people who don't appreciate kermit
have only been exposed to primitive implementations of the program,
or have never used it at all. You might suggest that they drop by at
"http://www.columbia.edu/kermit"; and see what modern kermit is about.
                             Doug
__
Doug Kaufman