lynx-dev SSL-enabled lynx for DOS possible

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: lynx-dev SSL-enabled lynx for DOS possible
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2000 08:44:16 -0800 (PST)

I managed to port openssl to DOS and get a working SSL-enabled lynx
compiled under DJGPP that seems to work on preliminary testing. It
connects to the fortify SSLCHECK and to moxienet's ssl-test without
problem. I compiled openssl without idea or rc5 in order to avoid
patent/distribution problems.

With the changes in US export restrictions and the expiration of the
RSA patent, is this now something that can be distributed without
violating the GPL, or will users still have to compile their own? If
the latter, I'll try to put together a patch file and instructions for
compiling openssl on DOS, but I suspect that most of those who need
the program wouldn't be able or willing to get openssl compiled.
                           Doug

__
Doug Kaufman
Internet: address@hidden