Re: lynx-dev Display problem with dev.13

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Display problem with dev.13
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2000 15:38:40 -0500

On Sun, Oct 29, 2000 at 11:03:17AM -0800, Doug Kaufman wrote:
> On Sun, 29 Oct 2000, Thomas Dickey wrote:
>
> > On Sun, Oct 29, 2000 at 08:36:12AM -0800, Doug Kaufman wrote:
> > > I compiled lynx2.8.4dev.13 for DOS yesterday and noted that the status
> > > line is now one line above the bottom of the screen, while in the past
> > > it has always been on the bottom line. This was compiled with PDCurses
> >
> > maybe - but more likely the screen-size changes in dev.8 (I think).  The
> > SHOW_KB_RATE changes would affect the format of the message on the status
> > line, but since it calls the same function to put it there, I don't think
> > I broke _that_ one.
>
> The last DOS version I had compiled was dev.9. It worked OK there.

I'm not sure what to look for - if I were testing (in your shoes), I would
verify if the SHOW_KB_RATE changes were the problem by backing out just the
changes to that function: HTReadProgress().  I don't recall there being
any significant changes to HTAlert.c other than that, so it's simple to
change.

--
Thomas E. Dickey <address@hidden>
http://dickey.his.com