lynx-dev lynx 2.8.3 screwy screens on smartcom

From: Fiber McGee
Subject: lynx-dev lynx 2.8.3 screwy screens on smartcom
Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2000 02:38:45 -0600

The message below from Dan Handelman
<address@hidden> was forwarded
by the list moderator.

Hi
I'm using various macintoshes (systems 7 and 8) with Smartcom and ZTerm as
my terminal programs; in previous versions of Lynx i had no problem with
using the web.
Now, I am experiencing the screen display skipping lines, mostly on the
top half of the screen, so that it forces me to do a screen redraw, and
even at that the whole text for each screen doesn't necessarily stay up.

In other words, on the first screen, the text runs off the bottom and
pushes the top lines off the top (this happens reegardless of how big I
make my window); then the next screen will "interlace" with whatever was
on screen before.
Is there a setting to fix this, should I ask my server to go back to the
previous version, or do you have other ideas?
Dan Handelman
Portland, OR