lynx-dev Problem with DOS lynx 2.8.2

From: Fiber McGee
Subject: lynx-dev Problem with DOS lynx 2.8.2
Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2000 11:45:10 -0600

The message below from Henry Tillotson
<address@hidden> was forwarded by
the list maintainer.

Hello...

apologies if this is an obvious question and/or the wrong forum for it.

I've just downloaded lynx 2.8.2 from the site:

  http://www.fdisk.com/doslynx/lynxport.htm

(file lynx_386.2.8.2rel.1.zip)... I'm running it on a 386 under Caldera
DR-DOS 7.03. It works fine in local mode with the supplied dummy packet
driver, but I can't get it to work with a real one... I keep getting the
Alert message about not being able to contact the remote site.

I'm using the DOSPPPD packet driver, which works fine with it's own
(Clarkson) Telnet, and also with the Arachne graphical browser. I've
tried editing the WATTCP.CFG file to match my ISP settings, but so far
to no avail. Does this lynx port only work with the supplied TCPPORT.EXE
file? if so, how do you use it? I can find no information on how to set
up lynx to use any of these DOS packet drivers.

any help, or pointers as to where I could find it, would be much
appreciated

thanks

Henry Tillotson