Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.4dev.14 on OS/390 compile error

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.4dev.14 on OS/390 compile error
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2000 17:52:42 -0500

On Thu, Nov 09, 2000 at 03:16:10PM -0700, address@hidden wrote:

> case $host_os in
> openedition)
>         : ${CFLAGS="-D_ALL_SOURCE -Wl,EDIT=NO"}
>         : ${CC=c89}
>         ;;
> esac
>
> Eek!  These are no-oped out!  But why are they working for me?  But

The ':' makes it work for me (a shorthand expression I picked up by reading
some autoconf code, then studying one of the sh manpages to see why it works).
Does it not work on your shell?  (I thought I'd learned something good ;-)

The last time I touched that was in dev.7 (the ':' predates that)

2000-08-03 (2.8.4dev.7)
* change $host_os special case for 'os390' to 'openedition' in configure.in,
  make corresponding changes for config.guess and config.sub -PG

> I've been busy with my paying job and haven't built Lynx since dev.11.  This
> is embarassing since I suggested that tweak to Tom.  :-(
>
> Making them resolve to constants should still be character-set dependent.
> Some of this is done in src/LYCharVals.h after the "#ifdef    EBCDIC".
> Tom, have you any suggestions on style?

not offhand - LYCharVals.h looks like a good place to patch.

--
Thomas E. Dickey <address@hidden>
http://dickey.his.com