Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.4dev.14 on OS/390 compile error

From: pg
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.4dev.14 on OS/390 compile error
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2000 16:11:36 -0700 (MST)

In a recent note, Thomas Dickey said:

> Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2000 17:52:42 -0500
>
> >         : ${CFLAGS="-D_ALL_SOURCE -Wl,EDIT=NO"}
>
> The ':' makes it work for me (a shorthand expression I picked up by reading
> some autoconf code, then studying one of the sh manpages to see why it works).
> Does it not work on your shell?  (I thought I'd learned something good ;-)

You're absolutely right.  I use the construct regularly, and perhaps
submitted it to you that way.  I simply failed to read it carefully.

Still curious about Phil's config.status.

> > is embarassing since I suggested that tweak to Tom.  :-(
> >
> > Making them resolve to constants should still be character-set dependent.
> > Some of this is done in src/LYCharVals.h after the "#ifdef    EBCDIC".
> > Tom, have you any suggestions on style?
>
> not offhand - LYCharVals.h looks like a good place to patch.

Does IZ approve?

2000-10-25 (2.8.4dev.13)
> the remainder (most of the functional changes in this patch) from IZ:
* use new macros LYCharINTERRUPT1, LYCharINTERRUPT2 and LYCharIsINTERRUPT() to
  make it simpler to find uses of ^C and ^G

(BTW, it appears that ^G has never worked on OS/390.  I habitually use 'z'
and never noticed it.  ^C is the same in ASCII and EBCDIC, 003.)

address@hidden:140$ echo "^G" | od -h
0000000000    2F  15

The EBCDIC ^G appears to be 0x2F.

-- gil