Re: Fw: lynx-dev lynx2.8.4dev.14 on OS/390 compile error

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: Fw: lynx-dev lynx2.8.4dev.14 on OS/390 compile error
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2000 18:39:22 -0500

On Thu, Nov 09, 2000 at 03:22:31PM -0800, Phil Sidler wrote:
> sorry I neglected to post this to the list.
> Tom, do you know how to supply a string that
> is prefixed to the user's CFLAGS?

I see the problem - you're setting CFLAGS, and the assignment only does
something if $CFLAGS isn't set.  You want something like

        CFLAGS="$CFLAGS -D_ALL_SOURCE -Wl,EDIT=NO"

The question is whether we "always" want those default settings or whether
it should be overridable.  (But I should have thought of that).

Thomas E. Dickey <address@hidden>
http://dickey.his.com
ftp://dickey.his.com