Re: lynx-dev Problem with DOS lynx 2.8.2

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Problem with DOS lynx 2.8.2
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2000 18:28:22 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 8 Nov 2000, Fiber McGee wrote:
(forwarding from Henry Tillotson)

> >I've just downloaded lynx 2.8.2 from the site:
> >
> >   http://www.fdisk.com/doslynx/lynxport.htm
> >
> >(file lynx_386.2.8.2rel.1.zip)... I'm running it on a 386 under Caldera

I think that Wayne keeps this on the site primarily for historical
reasons. Get the latest version from my web or ftp sites. The package
on my site has more documentation and sample batch files for getting
started. The alternative, if you want an automated setup is the
bobcat386 package. This take the binary from my website and puts it
into an automated package. Since you have worked with WATTCP before,
you might try the package from my site first. Read the README.DOS,
LYNXBAT.BAT, and TELNET.BAT files, then edit the batch files to fit
your system.

Feel free to write to me if you still can't get it to work.

"http://www.rahul.net/dkaufman/index.html";
"ftp://ftp.rahul.net/pub/dkaufman";

Bobcat386 at:
"http://members.kingston.net/lewis/index.htm";