Re: lynx-dev NLS

From: SreePriya. G
Subject: Re: lynx-dev NLS
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 16:18:42 +0530 (IST)

> > The lynx-2.8.3.rel1 docs say that it supports NLS
> > (Native Language Support). And that the method to do it is to set the LANG
> > enviornment variable.But setting this does not work.
>
> "does not work": need more information (there are several features that
> might be affected by $LANG).

Setting LANG=fr ,for example does not cause the messages of lynx
(lynx-2.8.3.rel1) to appear in French.
on the other hand in the same setting , invoking "gcal" (A GNU
package which also uses gettext) , causes French strings to appear on the
screen.

A "fr.po" file does exist in the "po" subdirectory though.

I tried the same by setting the LANG to other language codes as well.

Is there anything else that needs to be done ?

I am in the process of Localisation of Lynx to Indian Languages.
So before creating appropriate .po files ,i have been trying to use the
existing .po files.

Hope my explanation of the situation is adequate.

-Sreepriya