Re: lynx-dev Lynx 2.8.3 with MingW32 and arrows

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Lynx 2.8.3 with MingW32 and arrows
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 17:30:31 -0800 (PST)

On Mon, 13 Nov 2000, Thomas E. Dickey wrote:

> On Mon, 13 Nov 2000, Fiber McGee wrote:
>
> > The message below from Andreas Fehr
> > <address@hidden> was forwarded by one
> > of the list maintainers.
> >
> > >I have a problem with compiling 2.8.3 with MingW32 and slang support.
> > >
> > >In fact compiling works, but the lynx.exe is not usable. I can start it
> > >and load some page with 'G)o' but I'm not able to navigate the page with
> > >the arrow keys. I was not able to set them correct and navigating in vi
>
> I think I observed that (I test-built the slang version with cygwin -
> arrow keys don't work), and noted that in the change log for OS/2
> (similar configuration).  I'm not sure who maintains the slang port
> (my own interest is ncurses).

I don't know if anyone maintains the SLang port, but I compile the
cygwin port of lynx with both ncurses and slang. It works fine for
me using either. The arrow keys all work. This is with 2.8.4dev.10
as the last build that I did. I have never tried to compile with
MingW32. I would check to be sure that you compiled slang correctly.
It does not use the configure script, but creates the makefile from
the master makefile (I think in separate subdirectory). I also looked
at a PDCurses build, but PDCurses doesn't seem fully functional under
cygwin. The slang port doesn't require a termcap or terminfo database.
The ncurses version of the cygwin port doesn't display properly
with the cygwin terminfo description that comes with ncurses, but
seems to do fine with the cygwin termcap that comes with the current
distribution of cygwin.
                            Doug

__
Doug Kaufman