Re: lynx-dev Clarification

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Clarification
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 22:02:15 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 14 Nov 2000, Fiber McGee wrote:

> The message below from david manoj
> <address@hidden> was
> forwarded by one of the list maintainers.
>
> >     I am a Linux user from India.I've been using
> >   Linux for a long time and now I have switched
> >    over to Sun OS. I would like to know, if there
> >    is any Character based web browser like Lynx
> >   in Sun OS or Digital UX. It would be a great

Lynx compiles just fine on SunOS. Just download the source code, read
the file "INSTALLATION", and configure according to the instructions
there. Review the generated makefile. Then type "make". If it doesn't
work, you may need to change the resolve library setting in the
makefile and recompile. You will need either the ncurses library or
the slang library prior to actually building lynx. You can get the
lynx source code at "http://lynx.isc.org/"; or "ftp://lynx.isc.org";.

If you need a lynx that also does https, then you need to get the
SSL patch for lynx and you also need to get and compile the openssl
library.
                               Doug
__
Doug Kaufman