Re: lynx-dev Lynx Compilation on an Alpha

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Lynx Compilation on an Alpha
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 16:53:43 -0500

On Mon, Dec 18, 2000 at 04:26:49PM -0500, ANTHONY CAMPIERE wrote:

>    I am now getting ready to compile Lynx on an Alpha running OpenVMS 6.2 -
> 1H3.  I downloaded the Build.com file from Lynx 2-8-1 into a directory on my
> Alpha.
> This program compiles and links c source code files from the src folder
> downloaded from Lynx 2-8-1.  Should I download all these c source files (as
> well as the .h files)
> to my Alpha in the same directory where Build.com resides?  Should I also
> download the userdefs.h file and Lynx.cfg file to the same directory where
> all this code will reside?

build.com assumes those files are in their respective directories (about
half of the source files are in [.www.library.implementation], and the
remainder in [.src] or [.src.chrtrans]).  I would simply download the
zip file and unzip that.

>   Also, we want to use this tool to process a file containing HTML code on
> the Alpha, into an actual "Web Page" which the html code specified.  We
> would like to print this "Web Page" from the Alpha.  Can I use the default
> values specifed in userdefs..h and Lynx.cfg?

that should work, yes.

--
Thomas E. Dickey <address@hidden>
http://dickey.his.com