Re: lynx-dev Unhiding links

From: pg
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Unhiding links
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2000 13:53:59 -0700 (MST)

In a recent note, Mike Weller said:

> Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2000 14:36:37 -0600 (CST)
>
> I apologize if this issue has been addressed before.  I stumbled onto
> an HTML page using lynx that would not highlight my links.  After
> observing the HTML, it appears that if you have an HTML tag within
> an (a href=) statement, the link becomes hidden.  example:
>
> <plaintext> (in case your browser displays html)

> Is there any way to make the link selectable?  I tried
> "lynx -hiddenlinks=merge", but no go.
>
> PS: I used lynx2.8.4dev.15.tar.gz.

I replicated the behavior using lynx2.8.4dev.15.  It goes away
if I remove the "<center>" and "</center>".  I'll let one of
the HTML lawyers rule on whether it's legal to have <center>
within an anchor.  Regardless, I consider it poor error recovery
on Lynx's part not to display the "click me" text as a link.

-- gil
--
StorageTek
INFORMATION made POWERFUL