From: ANTHONY CAMPIERE
Subject: lynx-dev
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2000 07:51:08 -0500

    On Wed, Dec 27, 2000 at 17:08 PM,   THOMAS DICKEY wrote:

yes.  The problem is that when you download a binary from the net ( using a
UNIX ftp client), it usually doesn't conform to VMS's file format, which is
fixed-length, 512 byte records.  There's a program (named MFTU) which can be
used to convert it, but I've found it simpler to just compile the sources
for unzip (there are after all only two directories to get).

   Can you or anyone explain what you mean by "compile the sources for
unzip" ?

  He also went on to say :

   Your FTP client may have, in addition to ascii and binary modes, an
"image" mode - if so, you should download VMS files using that from
ftp.wku.edu  and bypass the whole issue.

    Does this mean that there is an FTP Client on ftp.wku.edu that we can
download and that has an 'Image" mode?   If so, can you tell me in which
directory it is located?  There are a lot of directories on this site.
Anthony Campiere
Programmer/Analyst
Lewistown Hospital
400 Highland Ave.
Lewistown, PA 17044
Phone- (717 242-7395
Fax- (717) 242-7770
Web Site: http://www.lewistownhospital.org

The Mission of the Lewistown Healthcare Foundation (LHF) is to provide
personal, high quality, economical health care that meets the needs of our
communities.
The information contained in the electronic message is privileged and
confidential information intended for the use of the addressee listed above.
If you are neither the intended recipient or the employee or agent
responsible for delivering this information to the intended recipient, you
are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or taking of
any action in reliance on the content of this telecopied information is
strictly prohibited. If you receive this e-mail in error, please immediately
notify us by telephone to arrange for return of the original document.