Re: lynx-dev Unhiding links

From: James Elkinton
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Unhiding links
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2000 19:22:22 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 26 Dec 2000, mannix wrote:

> I agree that it is poor error recovery not to catch such instances,
> though placing a CENTER tag inside an A[nchor] tag is both poor
> style and disallowed by the HTML 4.01 spec.
>
> I am more concerned that this behavior replicates in cases where
> the nested HTML markup involves the FONT tag --

> -- as this a common construct in "coloring" links independently
> of the LINK attribute to the BODY tag. Does the above example
> trigger a similar disappearing act?

Dunno... I've actually never thought of doing anything to an anchor.
I've always treated it as almost sacred. :) If I want a link
centered, colored, bold, italic, or whatever, putting the tags
outside the anchor works just fine...and shouldn't violate any specs.

In other words:

  <FONT COLOR="#000000"><A HREF="some link">click me</A></FONT>

---------