Re: lynx-dev Lynx Support for bibp URLs (Bibliographic Protocol)

From: Rob Cameron
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Lynx Support for bibp URLs (Bibliographic Protocol)
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2001 14:13:53 -0800 (PST)

> Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2001 11:57:45 +0900 (JST)
> From: Henry Nelson <address@hidden>
>
> > +#define CAN_ANONYMOUS_GOTO_BIBP            TRUE    /* BIBP maps to HTTP */
>                                               ^^^^
> Would have preferred a default of "FALSE," especially since this is a new
> feature.

The default of TRUE here was chosen based on BibP being a relatively
safe "read-only" protocol that achieves its effect by translation
of bibp: URIs to http: URLs.   Also, BibP is intended to give access
to library-based resources and this is one kind of application
consistent with a lynx set up for anonymous users.

However, anyone who is going to set up a bibp server and provide
anonymous access to it with lynx will be able to modify this.
Thus, although my preference is a default TRUE here, I'm willing
to go with the wishes of the lynx-dev community.