Re: lynx-dev lynx vs http://half.com/ - a browser or server problem?

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx vs http://half.com/ - a browser or server problem?
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2001 13:02:09 -0800 (PST)

On Sat, 6 Jan 2001, Larry W. Virden wrote:

> Most times when I attempt to visit half.com I get a socket timeout when using
> lynx, but I get a web page when using netscape.  It seems more likely
> to me that half.com is doing something browser specific, but every
> now and then (maybe 3% of the time) when I try half.com with lynx I
> actually get a page.  So I was wondering if anyone else was seeing problems
> or if maybe my version of the browser was the problem.

I just tried using lynx 2.8.3dev.21 on FreeBSD, and got
http://half.com without any problem. It asked for permission to place
3 cookies (which I refused), and redirected to http://www.half.com.
Perhaps your problem is with handling the initial cookie requests.
What does "lynx -trace" show?
                            Doug
__
Doug Kaufman