Re: lynx-dev lynx2-8-4 and ssl

From: Martin McCormick
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx2-8-4 and ssl
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 16:23:31 -0600

Thomas Dickey writes:
>is that SunOS or Solaris where you are compiling?

        That turned out to be an excellent point.  I had
accidentally specified sunos every time and when I selected the
solaris directive, the openssl distribution 0.9.1c compiled and
installed perfectly so we are further along, but there is still
trouble in paradize.

        I did nothing to the installation process to change any
of the directories because there is no need to do so.  The
openssl installs in /usr/local/ssl.  It seems to have done so
just fine.  Now, if I cd to lynx2-8-4 source and give the command

./configure -with-ssl

The configuration process runs along until it tries to link with
the ssl libraries.  It can't and that is the end of that.

        Here is how it looks:

checking for cp... /usr/local/bin/cp
checking for gzip... /usr/local/bin/gzip
checking for mkdir... /usr/local/bin/mkdir
checking for mv... /usr/local/bin/mv
checking for rm... /usr/local/bin/rm
checking for tar... /usr/sbin/tar
checking for touch... /usr/local/bin/touch
checking for gunzip... /usr/local/bin/gunzip
checking for unzip... /usr/bin/unzip
checking for bzip2... /usr/local/bin/bzip2
checking for uudecode... /usr/bin/uudecode
checking for zcat... /usr/local/bin/zcat
checking for zip... zip
checking for telnet... /usr/bin/telnet
checking for tn3270... tn3270
checking for rlogin... /usr/bin/rlogin
checking for install... /usr/local/bin/install -c
checking if we must define _GNU_SOURCE... no
checking if you want ssl library... yes
checking for SSL_get_version in -lssl... no
checking for openssl include directory... yes
checking if we can link to ssl library... no
configure: error: Cannot link with ssl library
%

        What am I missing, here?

Martin McCormick