Re: lynx-dev Error when compiling lynx with BC5.0

From: Thomas E. Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Error when compiling lynx with BC5.0
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 07:36:20 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 11 Jan 2001, Mike Bledig wrote:

> Now if I do this:
> 1118:         mkdir(lynx_temp_space /* Error here, 0700*/ ) < 0)
>
> No errors in the build.
>
> By commenting out the extra parameter what would I be leaving out
> of  the build of Lynx? what is that extra parameter (0700) suposed
> to do?

it sets permissions on the created directory (on any system that
implements POSIX).  M$ implemented mkdir incompatibly because at
the time they had no use for the permissions, though later they
added in win32 a call which does essentially the same thing w/o
correcting the older interface.

--
T.E.Dickey <address@hidden>
http://dickey.his.com