lynx-dev Lynx 2.8.4 with OpenSSL

From: Patrick Ash
Subject: lynx-dev Lynx 2.8.4 with OpenSSL
Date: Sat, 03 Feb 2001 14:59:36 +0000

I am trying to build Lynx 2.8.4 Dev.16 for OS/2 and include SSL
support. I have built OpenSSL 0.9.6 for OS/2, and am now trying to
link it to the Lynx package.

I can build Lynx without SSL support without problem, but whenever I
specify SSL support, the bake goes fine until the actual link
process. I then get the following error:

cal.o ../WWW/Library/Implementation/libwww.a  -L/usr/local/lib
-lncurses -lbsd
-L/ssl/lib -lssl -lcrypto  -lsocket
../WWW/Library/Implementation/libwww.a(HTTP.o): Undefined symbol
_srand48 refere
nced from text segment
../WWW/Library/Implementation/libwww.a(HTTP.o): Undefined symbol
_lrand48 refere
nced from text segment
make[1]: *** [lynx.exe] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/lynx2-8-4/src'

I have added -lbsd to the libs in makefile and the following is
defined in cfg_defs.h:

[sl]rand48 - [s]random

I don't understand why the make seems to think that rand48 is
undefined. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

I am using OS/2 v4, emx 0.9d and pgcc 1.1.3. Thanks for any help.

Pat