Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.4dev.17

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.4dev.17
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2001 12:48:46 -0500

On Sat, Feb 10, 2001 at 12:10:06PM -0500, Lloyd Rasmussen wrote:
> I wish I could test this new version.  I hope the right scrolling
> "super-wide" display is an optional feature, settable at runtime and

it's optional, settable at runtime.

(Most of my attention was on ncurses/slang, but I made a quick check on win32,
but found that my changes for srand/rand needed some ifdef's - since that's the
issue PG reported, I'll make that correct and put up dev.18, along with some
other small fixes).

> I have dumped some files to a wide text file, and this is useful in a
> Windows program such as Ultraedit for distinguishing the columns of a
> multicolumn data table.  I have not found a way to set the width of a
> Windows console to other than 40 or 80 characters before Lynx starts.

I think my change would have this effect on printing.  (Most of the
code that refers to the screen width uses the value that's toggled -
I excepted a couple of items in the title, to make it easier to use).

--
Thomas E. Dickey <address@hidden>
http://dickey.his.com