Re: lynx-dev Background Color

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Background Color
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 17:39:44 -0500

On Wed, Feb 14, 2001 at 02:05:01PM -0700, address@hidden wrote:
> Hello, Lyncei,
>
> When I do a shell excape ('!'), my background color (light gray
> by default) vanishes; the background becomes plain white.  This
> behavior appeared in dev.17 and persists in dev.18.  Dev.16
> and earlier were flaky: after a shell escape and return to
> lynx the background was only partly refreshed; I had to do
> a CTRL-L to refresh it fully.  With dev.17 and dev.18, CTRL-L
> does not refresh the background; it remains white.

for a quick check I don't see this on Linux with ncurses (but I can test
this on Solaris 7)

> My terminal is XFree96 xterm 150 -tn xterm-color.  Behavior
> of background color is identical on Solaris and OS/390.

possibly it was flakey before I picked up those implicit stdscr's and
replaced them with LYwin - there're a few places I replaced refresh()
with LYrefresh() which means almost the same thing.

I need some info to make the same configuration:

        is this with curses, ncurses or slang

        what's $TERM set to (or infocmp output)

        what are the terminal's default colors (light gray could be a resource
        setting, or the way ANSI "white" is rendered by an application
        for xterm's background).

--
Thomas E. Dickey <address@hidden>
http://dickey.his.com