lynx-dev Re: HTML source code

From: Thomas E. Dickey
Subject: lynx-dev Re: HTML source code
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 06:16:44 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 15 Feb 2001, Karim Ammouche wrote:

> I have another question : how can I add new commands to lynx ? For instance,
> I would like to call a function when the user press ^H. Where should I
> define the new key ? Where should I call my function ?

lynx does this by key-definitions.  They are named with LYK_ prefix, and
(usually) in a table in src/LYKeymap.c - though that can be overridden
or modified by KEYMAP commands in lynx.cfg - and executed in LYMainLoop.c
which has a switch statement for all of the known LYK_xxx definitions.
To see how it's done, I would grep on one of the LYK_xxx definitions to
find the handful of places it's used, and modify the code accordingly.

--
T.E.Dickey <address@hidden>
http://dickey.his.com